Swiss Jewelers De Grisogono Acquire World's Most Expensive Rough Diamond

Swiss extravagance gems and watches organization de Grisogono has obtained the world's most costly harsh jewel, the brand reported today at the opening of the Biennale des Antiquaires antique show in Paris.

Known as The Constellation, the precious stone was obtained at a private Sotherby's sale by Dubai exchanging organization Nemesis International for a record $63 million. It weighs 813 carats and measures 6 centimeters (2.4 inches) over. It first stood out as truly newsworthy in November 2015 when it was hauled out of Karowe Mine in Botswana by the Canadian mining organization Lucara Diamond.


"(This is) the first occasion when we've taken such a memorable stone and had full imaginative opportunity to do what we need with it," said de Grisogono CEO John Leitao in Paris, adding that the brand wanted to change Constellation into "a stone that opponents the royal gems."

Fit for a princess

De Grisogono author Fawaz Gruosi, perceived as the innovative visionary behind the brand, alluded to the stone then again as his "princess," "his partner" and "his lady." But he concedes their relationship can be confused.

Perused: Has the world's biggest pearl been found?

"I adore her and I abhor her," he said. "Love since something like this is so uncommon - I might never dream to have a stone like this in my own particular hands - and abhor her since I don't know how I'm going to dress her."

In spite of the fact that the two keep up a steady exchange ("I continue conversing with her, asking what garments she might want to wear"), Gruosi predicts it will be six to eight months before de Grisogono divulges the completed stone.

"I had a considerable measure of thoughts in my mind, however I didn't locate the right dress to put to my princess," he said.

"I truly need to accomplish something which is prepared just to be displayed to the ruler."